The purpose of this submission is to request corporate services to seek quotations from service provider/s to professionally layout and print the PRSA’s regulatory frameworks and research outputs as outlined below by the end of March 2019.
2. Background and motivation
Over the years the Ports Regulator has developed economic regulation framework for South Africa’s ports, including a Multi-Year tariff methodology 2017/18- 2019/20, a tariff strategy, port incentive program and an incentive for improved efficiency in the port system. The Regulator has also conducted and published research studies on port capacity utilization; benchmarked operational performance of South African ports relative to ports in a global sample determined on the basis of publicly available information; a port sector review which reported on the character of the each of the commercial ports providing information of capacity and their financial performance; and the global port pricing comparator study which, now in its 6th iteration, tracks the performance of SA ports relative to a global sample on the pricing of port infrastructure and services.
These reports are available on the Regulators website. In order to further disseminate this information to port users, stakeholders, affected and interested parties, it has become necessary to publish these in a format that is compact and easy to distribute.
The reports to be published are as follows:
- SA Port Benchmarking report 2015 (37 pages)
- Port Capacity and Utilisation report (71 pages)
- Five Year Public Regulatory Review 2015/16 (64 pages)
- Port Sector Review 2015 (87 pages)
- Global Port Pricing Comparator Study 2017/18 (36 pages)
- Report on port projects in Africa’s Maritime ports (44 pages) – will be provided on request
- Baseline equity of access in South African ports based on implementation of BBBEE by the National Ports Authority (69 pages) – will be provided on request
- Tariff methodology 2017/18 – 2019/20 (21 pages)
- Tariff Strategy (39 pages)
- Port Tariff Incentive Program (21 pages)
- Methodology for valuation of Regulatory Asset Base (8 pages)
- Weighted Efficiency Gains from Operation (WEGO) (4 pages)
4. Services required
Service providers are required to take sample of the reports from the website and submit quotation for:
- Design layout – professional layout of the reports in appropriate format, with graphs and pictures, taking into account (b).
- Printing - It is anticipated that reports (a) – (e) can be published in one A4 format report whilst reports (f) – (l) will be in in A5 booklets. A total of 300 copies of each must be printed.
It is the intention of the PRSA to have final copies of the booklets by 28 February 2019 and professional service providers must provide detailed activities and timelines to meet the deadline.
Service providers must provide contactable references. Submission of samples of similar work completed will be an added advantage.
The PRSA reserves the right to award the project or elements thereof as per scope to either one or a number of providers on the strength of the submissions therefore a clear, detailed and itemized pricing schedule must be submitted per scoped activities and per report. Bidders must advice of economies of scale in relation to number of copies to be printed.
Enquiries can be directed, via email, to Ms. Nafeesa Ally at .