This position reports to the Manager: Tribunal, Regulatory and Compliance of the Ports Regulator of South Africa. The successful candidate will deliver a compliance, regulatory review and regulatory audit service under the leadership of the Executive Legal.
The successful candidate must:
- Be an Admitted Attorney with a minimum of five years experience in the field of Commercial, Contract and / or Administrative Law.
- Be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the Interpretation of Statutes, Draft and / or review Contracts, Law of Property (as it relates to the lease of land), and Administrative / Constitutional Law.
- Previous experience in investigations (forensic and otherwise) would be an advantage, while experience within the Ports or Maritime Environment would be an added advantage.
- Previous experience in a Regulatory environment will also serve as a distinct advantage.
- Review all allocated processes related to Port participant activities and the establishment and continuation of rights granted under the National Ports Act, and the implementation of the B-BBEE prescripts and the assessment of their compliance therewith.
- Conduct research into regulatory and compliance matters as they have application to the project.
- Compile reports of regulatory and compliance matters.
- Perform other duties related to the regulatory, monitoring and compliance functions for the Ports Regulator of South Africa.
The position will be based in Durban, and will entail travel. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant commensurate with their qualifications and experience within the regulatory environment and the Regulator’s policies.
Note: All shortlisted candidates will be subject to psychometric testing as well as a round of internal testing, together with criminal checks and a security clearance.
Applications must consist of the following:
A comprehensive letter of application which includes:
- Notice periods required in current position
- Date of availability to commence employment
- Employment Equity status
- Residence status (RSA citizen, etc)
A complete CV attached thereto, which includes:
- Thorough academic and work history
- Languages spoken and proficiency
- Responsibilities in each position held
- A copy of the Identity Document.
- Certified copies of Senior certificate and other qualifications.
Please contact Atiyah Bhabha on +27 (31) 365 7800 or email for any enquiries about this closed vacancy.
The Ports Regulator is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Our building is accessible to people with disabilities, and the organisation will take all reasonable measures to accommodate the needs of successful candidates with disabilities.