This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer of the Ports Regulator of South Africa. The successful applicant will have a qualification (Bachelors degree) in the field of Human Resources and/or relevant experience in a human resources / supply chain management environment. The candidate must demonstrate strong administrative capabilities, an understanding of the public sector, as well as the ability to manage processes and projects.
The successful candidate must:
- Have an undergraduate qualification in Human Resources or the equivalent experience in human resources or supply chain management (2-4 years relevant experience);
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, the Labour Relations Act and other applicable labour legislation;
- Possess a basic knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act, 1 of 1999; and
- Be competent in administrative skills, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Pastel Payroll.
- Contribute to execution of the Regulator’s mandate as well as the Regulator’s Strategic and Annual Performance Plan;
- Manage the human resources function including payroll, recruitment, leave management, benefit management and policy development and implementation;
- Manage the supply chain function within the Regulator both for quotation processes as well as tender processes;
- Manage the assets of the Regulator;
- Perform an administrative I.T. role; and
- Project manage and participate as an active member of the Administrative Department to facilitate the achievement of its objectives.
The Ports Regulator is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Our building is accessible to people with disabilities, and the organisation will take all reasonable measures to accommodate the needs of successful candidates with disabilities.
The position will be based in Durban, and may entail travel. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant commensurate with their qualifications and experience within the regulatory environment and the Regulator’s policies.
Note: Candidates may be subject to a round of internal testing together with criminal checks and a security clearance.
Applications must consist of the following:
A comprehensive letter of application which includes:
- Notice periods required in current position
- Date of availability to commence employment
- Employment Equity status
- Residence status (RSA citizen, etc)
A complete CV attached thereto, which includes:
- Thorough academic and work history
- Languages spoken and proficiency
- Responsibilities in each position held
- A copy of the Identity Document
- Certified copies of Senior certificate and other qualifications
Please contact Atiyah Bhabha on +27 (31) 365 7800 or email for any enquiries about this closed vacancy.