This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer of the Ports Regulator of South Africa. The successful applicant will have a qualification (Bachelors degree) in the field of Human Resources and/or relevant experience in a human resources. The candidate must demonstrate strong administrative capabilities, an understanding of the public sector, as well as the ability to manage processes and projects.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a recognised and appropriate three-year tertiary qualification in Human Resources (NQF 6) or equivalent qualification; a minimum of Three (3) years relevant experience in HR (supervisory level experience will be an added advantage);
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, the Labour Relations Act and other applicable labour legislation;
- Be competent in administrative skills, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Pastel Payroll;
- Demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines; Accuracy and attention to details.
- Contribute to execution of the Regulator’s mandate as well as the Regulator’s Strategic and Annual Performance Plan;
- Manage the human resources function including payroll, recruitment, leave management, benefit management and policy development and implementation;
- Ensure the identification of appropriate training and development requirements;
- Prepare and submit monthly reports on personnel administration issues and ensure all legislative HR reporting requirements are met;
- Project manage and participate as an active member of the Administrative Department to facilitate the achievement of its objectives.
The Ports Regulator Is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Our building is accessible to people with disabilities, and the organisation will take all reasonable measures to accommodate the needs of successful candidates with disabilities.
The position will be based in Durban, and may entail travel, A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant commensurate with their qualifications and experience within the regulatory environment and the Regulator's policies.
Note: Candidates will be subject to a round of internal testing together with criminal checks and qualification verification.
Applications must consist of the following:
A comprehensive letter of application which includes:
- Notice periods required in current position
- Date of availability to commence employment
- Employment Equity status
- Residence status (RSA citizen, etc)
A complete CV attached thereto, which includes:
- Thorough academic and work history
- Languages spoken and proficiency
- Responsibilities in each position held
- A copy of the Identity Document
- Certified copies of Senior certificate and other qualifications
Contact Nafeesa Ally on +27 (0)31 365 7800 for any enquiries.