This position reports to the Chairperson and Members of the Ports Regulator of South Africa. The successful candidate will be required to advise and support the Regulator in a manner which ensures that the Regulator can discharge its legislative mandate and obligations consistent with national and where applicable international best practice.
The successful candidate must:
- Provide strategic leadership and direction;
- Possess a high level of administrative skills;
- Have an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the National Ports Act, 2005, the Public Finance Management Act, 1999, other relevant legislation as well as the economic regulatory environment;
- Be capable of ensuring and maintaining an effective interface with key stakeholders in the maritime environment;
- Ensure the highest levels of service delivery.
- A relevant Master's Degree in one of the following fields: Maritime, Built Environment, Economics, Finance, Law, or Public Administration degree (In addition, an MBA will be an added advantage);
- At least ten years working experience in a Senior position;
- South African Citizenship;
- Experience and knowledge within an economic regulatory environment;
- A working knowledge of the maritime environment.
The Ports Regulator is an equal opportunity employer
The position will be based in Durban, and may entail travel. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant commensurate with their qualifications and experience within the regulatory environment and the Regulator’s policies.
Note: All shortlisted candidates will be subject to psychometric testing as well as a round of internal testing, together with criminal checks and a security clearance.
Applications must consist of the following:
A comprehensive letter of application which includes:
- Comprehensive motivation as to why the applicant is suitable for the position
- Notice periods required in current position
- Date of availability to commence employment
- Employment Equity status
- Residence status
A complete CV attached thereto, which includes:
- Thorough academic and work history
- Languages spoken and proficiency
- Responsibilities in each position held
- A copy of the Identity Document and qualifications
For any enquiries Contact Amanda Mali Tel No. +27 (0)72 537 9395