The successful candidate must:
- Provide strategic leadership and direction;
- Possess a high level of administrative skills;
- Have an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the PFMA, The National Ports Act, other relevant legislation as well as the economic regulatory environment;
- Be capable of ensuring and maintaining an effective interface with key stakeholders in the maritime environment;
- Ensure the highest levels of service delivery.
- A Bachelors degree (an MBA will be a distinct advantage);
- At least ten years working experience in an executive position;
- South African Citizenship;
- Experience and knowledge within an economic regulatory environment;
- A working knowledge of the maritime environment.
The position will be based in Durban, and will entail travel. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant commensurate with their qualifications and experience within the regulatory environment and the Regulator’s policies.
Note: All shortlisted candidates will be subject to psychometric testing as well as a round of internal testing, together with criminal checks and a security clearance.
Applications must consist of the following:
A comprehensive letter of application which includes:
- Notice periods required in current position
- Date of availability to commence employment
- Employment Equity status
- Residence status (RSA citizen, etc)
A complete CV attached thereto, which includes:
- Thorough academic and work history
- Languages spoken and proficiency
- Responsibilities in each position held
- A copy of the Identity Document.
Please contact Atiyah Bhabha on +27 (31) 365 7800 or email for any enquiries about this closed vacancy.
The Ports Regulator is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Our building is accessible to people with disabilities, and the organisation will take all reasonable measures to accommodate the needs of successful candidates with disabilities.