This position reports to the Manager: Corporate Services and is required to provide an administrative support service to the Finance Department to facilitate the maintenance of accurate financial records in compliance with the requirements of the Public Finance Management Act, Treasury Regulations and applicable financial reporting framework.
The successful candidate must:
- A Diploma in financial accounting or related field.
- Previous experience as a finance / administration clerk within the finance department of a medium sized corporate or state entity is essential.
- A working knowledge of Pastel is essential.
- Knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act and the operations within a public entity will serve as a distinct advantage.
The position will be based in Durban, and will entail travel. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant commensurate with their qualifications and experience within the regulatory environment and the Regulator’s policies.
Applications must consist of the following:
A comprehensive letter of application which includes:
- Notice periods required in current position
- Date of availability to commence employment
- Employment Equity status
- Residence status (RSA citizen, etc)
A complete CV attached thereto, which includes:
- Thorough academic and work history
- Languages spoken and proficiency
- Responsibilities in each position held
- A copy of the Identity Document.
- Certified copies of Senior certificate and other qualifications.
Please contact Atiyah Bhabha on +27 (31) 365 7800 or email for any enquiries about this closed vacancy.
The Ports Regulator is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Our building is accessible to people with disabilities, and the organisation will take all reasonable measures to accommodate the needs of successful candidates with disabilities.