This position reports to the Executive Manager: Policy Strategy and Research of the Ports Regulator of South Africa. The successful candidate must ensure that Policy, Strategy and Research is conducted in a manner that facilitates the creation of world class Ports in South Africa.
- Manage the NPA tariff application process
- Manage the development of appropriate benchmarks for economic regulation
- Conduct Research to establish international best practice in the economic regulation of Ports in the development of the tariff setting framework
- Conduct research on international standards in relation to tariff structuring
- Present policy-oriented research to guide the development of strategy and policy on how best to manage the activities of Ports, in relation to access of previously disadvantaged individuals; the facilities provided by the ports; and the efficiency of the ports
- Ensure systems and procedures are in place to effectively manage the research being conducted in a manner that aids the Regulator
- Manage the PSR subordinates in a manner which is in accordance with the Annual Performance plan.
- Provide guidance, support and advice to department employees in the execution of their duties and monitoring of progress
- Conduct effective communication and implementation of approved policy and strategy to relevant stakeholders
The successful candidate must:
- Honours degree in Economics/Econometrics/Financial accounting, a master’s degree is advantageous
- 5 years in economic/regulatory/government or related research environment environment
- 3 years’ management experience
- Knowledge of the ports industry in generaland economic analysis software
- Good leadership, people management and good interpersonal skills with ability to engage with Directorates and Executives
- Good organisational and Planning Skills, good verbal and written communication skills, excellent research skills, experience in project management and report writing
- An understanding of strategic, functional, operational and technical management and related risks
- In-depth knowledge of applicable legislation, regulations and frameworks
- Knowledge of training methodologies, research methodologies and practices
The Ports Regulator is an equal opportunity employer
The position will be based in Durban, and may entail travel. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant commensurate with their qualifications and experience within the regulatory environment and the Regulator’s policies.
Note: Candidates may be subject to a round of internal testing together with criminal checks and a security clearance.
Applications must consist of the following:
A comprehensive letter of application which includes:
- Position is being applied for
- Notice periods required in current position
- Date of availability to commence employment
- Employment Equity status
- Residence status (RSA citizen, etc)
A complete CV attached thereto, which includes:
- Thorough academic and work history
- Languages spoken and proficiency
- Responsibilities in each position held
- A copy of the Identity Document
- Certified copies of Senior certificate and other qualifications
Contact Nafeesa Ally on +27 (0)31 365 7800 for any enquiries.