This position reports to the Manager: Legal, Tribunal and Regulatory Compliance of the Ports Regulator of South Africa. The successful candidate will deliver a compliance, regulatory review and regulatory audit/monitoring service under the leadership of the Executive Legal.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a degree in law (LLB or equivalent);
- 5 years minimum post qualification experience and minimum 2 years' experience in compliance;
- Post-qualification legal experience in compliance and / or corporate governance will be an advantage;
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of the National Ports Act, its Directives,Regulations and other relevant enactments;
- Member of CISA will be an added advantage;
- Experience within the Ports or Maritime Environment would be another added advantage;
- Previous experience in a Regulatory environment will also serve as a distinct advantage;
- Have excellent analytical, research, legal and report writing capabilities;
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be in possession of a Code B Driving licence
- Assisting Manager:Legal, Tribunal, and Regulatory Compliance to analyze, monitor and track regulatory risk indicators;
- Assisting with the drafting of compliance related policies, agreements and memoranda;
- Ensuring compliance to all relevant regulatory requirements identified;
- Assisting line management with understanding the various requirements to comply with all applicable legislation, regulations etc. across business activities;
- Ensuring the continued flow of information, updates and advise to various Line managers on new legislative changes and the impact thereof on the business;
- Ensuring that management understand the risks to the business;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with all the applicable stakeholders;
- Identify non-compliances as to identify potential risks;
- Drafting final reports in respect of compliance monitoring of the National Ports Authority to line management;
- Follow up on identified risks, trends and corrective action to be taken by the relevant stakeholders;
- Identify opportunities to improve or enhance business processes;
- Proactively consult with management to align market conduct requirements to current and future business activities;
- SupportManager:Legal, Tribunal, and Regulatory Compliance in preparing an annual compliance monitoring plan based on high risk areas;
- Identify training needs through monitoring and other methods;
- Develop training material to address identified needs;
- Provide training on identified needs and on relevant regulatory requirements that impact the employees;
- Review and assess compliance with all allocated processes related to Port participant activities and the establishment and continuation of rights granted under the National Ports Act;
- Conduct research and analysis into regulatory compliance matters as required.
- Compile reports of regulatory compliance matters;
- Perform any other duties related tomonitoring and compliance functions of the Ports Regulator of South Africa;
- Function well with in a team.
The Ports Regulator Is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Our building isaccessible to people with disabilities, and the organisation will take all reasonable measures to accommodate the needs of successful candidates with disabilities.
The position will be based in Durban, and may entail travel.
Note: Candidates will be subject to a round of internal testing together with criminal checks and qualification verification.
Applications must consist of the following:
A comprehensive letter of application which includes:
- Notice periods required in current position
- Date of availability to commence employment
- Employment Equity status
- Residence status (RSA citizen, etc)
A complete CV attached thereto, which includes:
- Thorough academic and work history
- Languages spoken and proficiency
- Responsibilities in each position held
- A copy of the Identity Document
- Certified copies of Matric certificate and other qualifications
- Salary expectations must be clearly stated.
Contact Nafeesa Ally on +27 (0)31 365 7800 for any enquiries. Forward your application, clearly stating the position for which you are applying, in the e-mail subject title, to: by no later than close of business on 3rd November 2020. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.