This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer of the Parts Regulator of South Africa. The successful applicant will have a qualification (Bachelors degree) in the field of supply chain management environment. The candidate must demonstrate strong administrative capabilities, an understanding of the public sector, as well as the ability to manage processes and projects.
The successful candidate must:
- Have relevant tertiary qualification at NOF level 7, an undergraduate qualification in Supply chain management or the equivalent experience in supply chain management (at least 3 year related experience in Supply Chain at supervisory level.);
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act, Treasury Regulations, Practice Notes, Circulars and policy frameworks, Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Act 53 of 2003, the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act and other relevant public sector procurement legislation;
- Knowledge and experience of contract management, strategic sourcing, public sector supply chain models and processes;
- Understanding of delegation of authority;
- Be competent in administrative skills, Microsoft Word and Excel and National Treasury guidelines;
- Proven track record in operating compliant Public Sector SCM unit.
- Manage demand management and acquisition and ensure full compliance to all acquisition and demand management prescripts, policies, and delegation of authority. Assist with drafting specifications. Co-ordinate inputs in demand and/or procurement plan. Conduct market and commodity research. Maintenance of/Compliance with CSD;
- Ensure that procurement Is in line with approved demand plan/procurement plan. Ensure effective functioning of all Bid Committees;
- Develop and Implement internal control measures for procurement and ensure that quotations and bids are managed effectively and efficiently according to National Treasury prescripts and PRSA Supply Chain Management Policy;
- Communicate SCM policies and procedures to staff in the PRSA and ensure that document submitted for procurement are fully compliant with Acquisition Management prescripts. Monthly reporting of procurement, irregular, fruitless and unauthorized expenditure. Monthly reporting on procurement against Demand Plan/Procurement Plan. Management and supervision of section;
- Contribute to execution of the Regulator's mandate as well as The Regulator's Strategic and Annual Performance Plan;
- Manage the supply chain function within the Regulator both for quotation processes as well as tender processes;
- Maintain the SCM policy and ensure all purchases adhere to it;
- Develop and maintain professional relationship with suppliers and maintain the legal interaction with them;
- Managing SLA's (Service Level Agreements) that are in place between the suppliers and the Ports Regulator;
- Liaise with other departments on their procurement requirements;
- Ensure cost effective purchasing of good and services;
- Ensure effective control of stock;
- Monthly Supply chain reporting;
- Prepare and monitor procurement plan of the organisation;
- Contribute to internal audit processes;
- Facilitate the assets management processes of the Regulator;
- Project manage and participate as an active member of the Administrative Department to facilitate the achievement of its objectives.
The Ports Regulator Is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Our building is accessible to people with disabilities, and the organisation will take all reasonable measures to accommodate the needs of successful candidates with disabilities.
The position will be based in Durban, and may entail travel, A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant commensurate with their qualifications and experience within the regulatory environment and the Regulator's policies.
Note: Candidates will be subject to a round of internal testing together with criminal checks and qualification verification.
Applications must consist of the following:
A comprehensive letter of application which includes:
- Notice periods required in current position
- Date of availability to commence employment
- Employment Equity status
- Residence status (RSA citizen, etc)
A complete CV attached thereto, which includes:
- Thorough academic and work history
- Languages spoken and proficiency
- Responsibilities in each position held
- Recent certified copy (within past year) of the Identity Document
- Recent certified (within the past year) copies of Metric certificate, Admission certificate and other academic qualifications.
Contact Nafeesa Ally on +27 (0)31 365 7800 for any enquiries.