This position reports to the Manager: Legal, Tribunal and Regulatory Compliance of the Ports Regulator of South Africa. The successful candidate will conduct a compliance review/monitoring and tribunal administrative services under the leadership of the Executive Manager:Legal.
The successful candidate must:
- Be an Admitted Attorney/Advocate with a minimum of five years' experience in the field of Regulatory Compliance, Administrative and Constitutional Law;
- Be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the Interpretation of Statutes, draft and/or review of Contracts or Licenses/Lease;
- Be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the National Ports Act, its 2009 and 2007 Regulations;
- Have knowledge and experience in complaints and appeals processes (quasi-judicial process) and/or litigation;
- Have previous experience in a compliance regulatory environment;
- Have previous experience in investigations (forensic or otherwise) as an added advantage;
- Having an experience within the Ports or Maritime Environment would be another added advantage;
- Have excellent analytical, research, legal and report writing capabilities;
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Review all allocated processes related to Port participant activities and the establishment and continuation of rights granted under the National Ports Act;
- Monitor compliance of the National Ports Authority with the National Ports Act, Directives, Regulations and the implementation of the transformation prescripts;
- Conduct legal research and analysis into regulatory and compliance matters as required by the Act;
- Compile periodic compliance monitoring and tribunal reports;
- Assist with the administration of complaints and appeal matters including hearings;
- Perform any other duties related to the tribunal and regulatory compliance functions of the Ports Regulator of South Africa;
- Perform any other ad hoc duties within the Department.
The Ports Regulator Is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Our building is accessible to people with disabilities, and the organisation will take all reasonable measures to accommodate the needs of successful candidates with disabilities.
The position will be based in Durban, and may entail travel, A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant commensurate with their qualifications and experience within the regulatory environment and the Regulator's policies.
Note: Candidates will be subject to a round of internal testing together with criminal checks and qualification verification.
Applications must consist of the following:
A comprehensive letter of application which includes:
- Notice periods required in current position
- Date of availability to commence employment
- Employment Equity status
- Residence status (RSA citizen, etc)
A complete CV attached thereto, which includes:
- Thorough academic and work history
- Languages spoken and proficiency
- Responsibilities in each position held
- Recent certified copy (within past year) of the Identity Document
- Recent certified (within the past year) copies of Metric certificate, Admission certificate and other academic qualifications.
Contact Nafeesa Ally on +27 (0)31 365 7800 for any enquiries.