Update: Please note the extended registration deadlines below. The times and dates of the events have not changed. Furthermore, please be advised that registration is mandatory and the registration form can be downloaded here. The completed form may be emailed to to confirm registration.
Extended registration deadlines
- Port Elizabeth 24 October 2016 13:00
- Cape Town 25 October 2016 13:00
- Durban 28 October 2016 13:00
The Ports Regulator is currently in the process of conducting a review of the current Multi-Year Tariff Methodology (2015/16 – 2017/18) in order to finalise an agreed methodology that will apply from the 2018/19 tariff year going forward.
Representation at public hearings by stakeholders is integral to the transparency and participative nature of such processes. The Regulator has invited parties who have submitted comments as well as academic experts, to present their view to the Regulator at a public Tariff Methodology workshop. Submissions have been received and published here
The programme will include presentations by:
- National Ports Authority;
- National Port Consultative Committee;
- Port User Associations e.g.: South African Association of Ship Operators and Agents and South African Association of Freight Forwarders, as well as other port users; and
- Selected Industry Experts.
The Regulator wishes to extend an invitation to all port users and interested parties to attend the workshop on the Review of the Multi-Year Tariff Methodology at the venues and times listed below.
- Johannesburg: Emperors Palace, JHB on Monday, 24 October 2016, from 09:00 to 13:00
- East London, Port Elizabeth, Ngqura: Garden Court Kings Beach, P.E on Tuesday, 25 October 2016, from 09:00 to 13:00
- Cape Town, Saldanha Bay, Mossel Bay: Townhouse Hotel, Cape Town on Wednesday, 26 October 2016, from 09:00 to 13:00
- Durban, Richards Bay: The Waterfront Hotel, Durban on Monday, 31 October 2016, from 09:00 to 13:00
It is important to note that registration to attend public hearings is mandatory. You can download the registration form here. The completed form may be emailed to to confirm registration. Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Lindiwe Mtengwane at