The Ports Regulator of South Africa, in consultation with the National Ports Authority, the Department of Trade and Industry, the Department of Transport, and various other government departments, have developed a Port Tariff Incentive Programme (PTIP) in support of beneficiation, industrialisation, and localisation through port tariff regulation. The details of the Port Tariff Incentive Programme are set out within the documents below.
Record of Decisions on submitted applications
Documents and application forms
- [PDF, 811 KB] Key Document - Port Tariff Incentive Programme and Guidelines for Application
- [DOCX, 40 KB] Port Tariff Incentive Programme Application Form
- [XLS, 100 KB] PRSA Port Tariff Incentive Programme Questionnaire
- [PDF, 670 KB] Port Tariff Incentive Programme Presentation
- [PDF, 1.01 MB] Reference document - Tariff Methodology for the Tariff Years 2018/19 - 2020/21
- [PDF, 1.50 MB] Reference document - Tariff Strategy for the South African Port System 2015/16
Events, announcements and other important dates
- 31 January 2019, closing date for next round of applications
- 7 December 2018, Record of Decision published on PTIP Application for the 2019/20 Tariff Year
- 12 October 2018, closing date for submission of comments on submitted applications
- 2 August 2018, 2019/20 - 2020/21 NPA Tariff Applications consultations commence
- Every 28th day of January, closing date for submission of completed application forms
- 4-7 December 2017 - Roadshows for the launch of the Port Tariff Incentive Programme
- 30 April 2017 - Submission of comments on the Draft Port Tariff Incentive Programme closes
- 30 March 2017 - Consultations on the Draft Port Tariff Incentive Programme
How to apply
Interested parties / port users are hereby invited to submit their completed application forms to the Ports Regulator of South Africa using the address below. Completed application forms should reach the Ports Regulator no later than the 28th day of January annually.
Submitted applications for comment
Applicant summaries as contained within the Port Tariff Incentive Programme Application Form are published here for stakeholder comment. Comments should be submitted before the closing date of the current tariff application consultation period.
How to submit a response
Port Tariff Incentive Programme applications follow the same process as the current tariff application in terms of publication and submission of comments. Find out more about the current tariff application and how to submit your comments.
Applications and general inquiries can be sent to:
Ports Regulator of South Africa,
11th Floor, The Marine Building,
22 Dorothy Nyembe Street,
Contact person: Ms. Atiyah Bhabha
Tel. +27 (0)31 365 7800